Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Nikkah Form Issued

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
*sHehzAdi*
~sMile..it scares ppl!~
~sMile..it scares ppl!~
*sHehzAdi*

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-09-01

New Nikkah Form Issued Empty
PostSubject: New Nikkah Form Issued   New Nikkah Form Issued EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 3:04 pm

LAHORE - Following amendments in the Muslim Family Laws Ordinance 1961, the Punjab Government has issued a new Nikah form with three additional columns requiring the bridegroom to declare his previous status with regard to the number of his ex-wives and children if he had any.
Amendments in the family laws were introduced by ruling party PMA Misbah Kokab, Advocate, which were unanimously adopted by the Punjab Assembly in its preceding session.
In its amended form, the new Nikah Nama makes it binding on the bridegroom at the time of Nikah to declare whether he was unmarried, a divorcee or a widower. In case, he happens to be a divorcee or a widower, the bridegroom will have to mention the number and names of his ex-wife/wives (live or dead) and the number and names of children he had from them.
Talking about the significance of new legislation and the subsequent issuance of new Nikah Nama by the Punjab Government, MPA Misbah Kokab told The Nation that it was a common practice that bridegroom concealed their previous status at the time of new marriage which often led to family feuds after revelation of the facts at some later stage. She believed that with the introduction of new Nikah form, men would not be able to deceive women by concealing their previous marital status. The women could also initiate legal action on the basis of Nikah form if men conceal their particulars with regard to their previous marriages, she said, and added that this would also act as a check on the second marriage by men.
Back to top Go down
https://mazay.forumotion.com
m@no
Call me anytime, I won't be home.
Call me anytime, I won't be home.

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2007-09-20

New Nikkah Form Issued Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Nikkah Form Issued   New Nikkah Form Issued EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 9:04 am

Hahaha dats k0ol.Muje pasand aya kokab ka new rule.
Back to top Go down

New Nikkah Form Issued
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: LeTs GeT sErIoUs :: wOrLd NeWs-
Jump to: